“How long will they last?” Patients who are considering investing in dental implants in Sunny Isles, FL typically ask this a lot. The simple answer is that they are built to last a lifetime. But several factors can influence how long dental implants survive.
Dental Implant Lifespan
How Long It Lasts
A titanium screw made of biocompatible titanium is used as a dental implant – a non-corrodible and non-degradable substance. It provides a strong foundation for your new teeth.
Several factors influence the success of the dental implant. These are some of them:
- The surgeon’s ability to place the dental implant.
- Oral hygiene
- Smoking, diabetes, and other medical issues
The visible portion of your dental implant is called a crown or a dental prosthetic. The dental prosthetic does not degrade in the same way that natural teeth do. The following are some of the elements that impact how long a dental prosthetic will last:
- The design and quality of the material utilized in the dental prosthetic’s construction.
- The location of the dental implant in the mouth. You will typically put more stress on the back teeth than the front teeth.
It’s important to remember that repairing a dental prosthetic only involves replacing the prosthetic itself, not the dental implant.
Simple Steps to Prevent Complications
Preventing dental implant complications includes a series of steps that can be taken to prolong the lifespan.
- Good oral hygiene
- Never forget about your routine check-ups
- When a slight complication occurs, report it immediately
- Always choose a qualified and skilled dentist
Where Can I Get Dental Implants in Sunny Isles, FL?
It is important to visit a dentist that provides a superior and reliable solution for your dental treatment. When you visit Biscayne Dental Center, we assure quality care. Contact us now for an appointment.