When it comes to Invisalign® in North Miami, everyone attests to its effectiveness. However, Invisalign success heavily relies on one critical rule: wearing your aligners for 22 hours a day. Neglecting this rule can lead to less-than-optimal results and that’s why we’ll provide practical tips to help you meet this requirement.
Why the 22-Hour Rule Matters
Each set of Invisalign aligners is designed to build upon the progress of the previous set. Wearing them for 22 hours every day provides constant and gentle pressure on your teeth, helping them shift into their ideal places. This consistency is essential to smoothly transition to the next set of aligners and avoid delays in your treatment progress.
Tips for Meeting the 22-Hour Invisalign Wear Time
- Be Organized: Create a daily schedule that includes specific times for removing and replacing your aligners. This organized approach ensures you don’t lose track of your wear time.
- Use a Timer: Use a timer or smartphone app to monitor the time your aligners are out. This simple tool helps you stay accountable and ensures you meet your daily goal.
- Carry a Case: Keep an aligner case with you at all times. This reduces the likelihood of misplacing your aligners and makes it convenient to store them when needed.
- Mindful Meals: Plan your meals to minimize the time your aligners are out. Opt for easy-to-eat foods and snacks to reduce the duration of your meal breaks.
- Avoid Removing Aligners Unnecessarily: Challenge yourself to think twice before removing your aligners. Sometimes, they may feel slightly uncomfortable initially, but this discomfort typically subsides as you get used to them.
Want to Know More About Invisalign in North Miami?
Wearing your Invisalign aligners for the required 22 hours a day is not difficult; it’s all about organization and discipline. If you have any more doubts about Invisalign or are interested in beginning this transformative treatment, don’t hesitate to contact us today at Biscayne Dental Center. Our experienced team is here to answer your questions and provide expert guidance.
*Invisalign®, the Invisalign logo, and iTero®, among others, are trademarks and/ or service marks of Align Technology, Inc. or one of its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and may be registered in the U.S. and/or other countries.